The main objectives of this platform, located in Mediterranean context at Murviel-lès-Montpellier, are:
- Adapt the wastewater treatment process to the agriculture uses
- Optimize the sustainability and efficiency of irrigation systems
- Evaluate the wastewater effects on crop health and yield
- Control sanitary and environmental risks (survival of pathogens or emerging pollutants in irrigation systems, crops or soil).
photo : © Ait-Mouheb N.
The experimental work concerns the acquisition of references :
(1) under controlled conditions in greenhouse (large soil bins) at wastewater treatment plant depending for example to adaptable tertiary treatment and wastewater qualities
(2) in real conditions on field using annual and perennial crops (total area of 0.5 ha).