COSTEA is a community of international experts on agricultural water. The term community is to be understood in its broadest sense and to include all its components needed to tackle the great range of irrigated systems. COSTEA aims to produce knowledge, analyze feedback and compare different points of view to fuel stakeholder reflections on irrigation policies and programmes in the South.
Many researchers who belong to the G-EAU joint research unit contribute to both the governance and activities undertaken by COSTEA, and its outputs, particularly in the following areas:
- Role and place of development companies in the development of irrigation in West Africa;
- Irrigation policy in Cambodia: AFD's interventions and stakes;
- Groundwater management policies in Morocco;
- Irrigated land management, West and North Africa;
- Farmers’ perception of drainage maintenance in Mali (West Africa), management of irrigated land;
- Collective conversion to local irrigation, Morocco;
- Reuse of wastewater in agriculture;
- Impacts of rice cultivation on climate change.